USA Birch Xylitol - 5lb Bag - Kosher, NON GMO, Gluten Free
Buy In Bulk and Save 10%
Below are our bulk discount rates when you purchase a certain amount. All of our products have a 3-year shelf life, so buying in bulk will help you save!
- Buy 2 to 5 of the same product and receive 10% off each item!
Country of Origin: USA
What is the difference between most Xylitol and Organic Merchant Co.'s Birch Xylitol? For starters, we guarantee our Xylitol is GMO-Free. The same cannot be said of those made with corn, which is the most popular way to produce Xylitol.
Why choose our Birch Xylitol? Ours is different since it comes from the Birch tree (hence the name) and contains the following positive attributes:
- Made in the USA: The lion's share of Xylitol is imported from China. Since we manufacture our own, our USA made Birch Xylitol has no hidden ingredients. It is made from our manufacturers with high-quality food standards and travels right to you.
- Non-GMO and Gluten Free: This is the prime example of an all-natural sugar substitute. Since our Xylitol contains no added chemicals, and since there are no genetically modified birch trees we know of, you won't experience those extra sugar cravings or the crash and burn mood cycle.
- ECO-friendly packaging: Aside from a health, of course, we care about the environment. All of our products are packaged using the least amount of resources and waste as possible.
- Tastes like sugar! Just because it's not sugar doesn't mean it needs to lose its taste. It also leaves no bad aftertaste like many lower-calorie sugar substitutes.
- Safe for Diabetics: Having roughly 33% less calories, Xylitol is a lower-calorie option for table sugar. Retained more gradually than sugar, it doesn't add to high glucose levels or the subsequent hyperglycemia brought on by deficient insulin reaction.
Make the switch today from real sugar to a healthier form of sweetener with our Birch Tree Xylitol.
Product attributes include:
- 100% Natural
- Derived from Birch trees in a sustainable process - not from corn, not from China
- Gluten Free
- Kosher Certified
- Made right here in the United States
- 1:1 replacement for sugar in any recipe
- Safe for diabetics (a 7 on the glycemic index)
- Proven to help prevent cavities
Posted by Unknown on 6th Dec 2016
Great as always!!!!!
A great low glycemic sugar sub for baking gluten free quinoa chocolate cake
Posted by Unknown on 17th Aug 2016
I just got this and made an awesome quinoa (pre-cooked) chocolate cake substituting sugar with this Xylitol and all fats/oils with coconut oil. Gluten free and the best thing I have baked in chocolate for a long time. I can't compare flavor with sugar vs xylitol but the cake was rated delicious by all and it was gone before it cooled down. Online recipe easy to find.
This will certainly be my sugar sub for baking. I'll try ginger snaps next - the true test if this makes them actually snap.
Great product and service
Posted by linda w. on 27th Mar 2016
Of all the natural sugar replacements, xylitol is our favorite because it tastes more like sugar. Organic Merchants is more expensive than other xylitol but worth it when you know where it's sourced from. We have been using xylitol for the past 7 years and have tried different brands, always trying to save money with the least expensive ones but figured our health is worth a few extra dollars since we try to consume all non-GMO products when possible anyway....might as well include xylitol. Also like to support US companies and Organic Merchants has excellent and attentive customer service (they immediately sent me a new bag of xylitol after receiving one that was damaged during shipping...and I didn't report it until a couple of months afterwards because I didn't have the time; actually never contacted them directly, was writing a review that my bag was damaged and they went ahead and sent me a replacement---now that's great service!). Will not hesitate to order again from Organic Merchants. Thank you for the great service.
True to Description
Posted by Cari on 18th Mar 2016
Purchased this product to use as a sweetener. Very happy with quality. Only unexpected thing was that I was looking for a powder and this is granulated, but I believe that was my error in not fully reading the description. I was able to grind it up easily in a Vitamix into a powder.
Posted by Kathleen on 22nd Dec 2015
Great price for a great product. This is the best type of xylitol, and is much more expensive from other online sites.